The ultimate end of season netball event
22-25 June 2023
The Ultimate Tour returns for the sixth time to the 5* sporting paradise of La Manga Club. The event will take place between 22-25 June 2023 with rugby 7s (men’s and ladies), football 6s (mens) and netball (ladies) competing alongside at the ultimate end of season tournament for your club or corporate team.
Every year our netball teams have the opportunity to take to the court with stars from the Netball Superleague and at our last event in 2019, we were delighted to welcome 6 players from Wasps, 3 from Severn Stars, 2 representing Surrey Storm and one from Mavericks.
As always, Friday started with the showpiece netball match which gave teams the opportunity to play a 5 minute game against our team of stars. With Sam Cook lining up as goal shooter and Mikki Austin in defence, it really breaks the ice for the weekend and is great fun for all involved.
On Saturday, each team that qualifies for the cup has one Superleague star randomly allocated to their team for the day to play or coach. Generally, it’s the teams allocated a circle player that are victorious but Tamsin Greenway managed to break the trend and coach her team to the title for the first time!
The Ultimate Tour has been held annually (with a 3 year break for COVID-related travel disruption) at the 5 star sporting-paradise of La Manga Club in Murcia, southern Spain. Built in 1972 as a single hotel and leisure complex, the club has rapidly expanded to over 2,500 private residences beautifully blended within the three championship golf courses, 28 court padel and real tennis centre and FC Cartagena training base.
In addition, La Manga Club offers 2 cricket wickets with a multi-lane training facility, a sports city with 5 football / rugby pitches and 5 netball courts, a gym, countless outdoor swimming pools, a 5 star hotel and over 35 bars and restaurants. You truly get a world class experience at La Manga Club and with the resort situated just 30 minutes from the nearest airport (Murcia) and only an hour from Alicante, La Manga Club is accessible from the UK in under 3 hours.
Morning – Free time to enjoy the resort facilities
17:00 – Captains briefing
18:00 – Final airport to resort transfers
19:30 – Welcome party begins. Venue release in spring 2023.
22:00 – Headline DJ Set. Artist release in spring 2023.
02:00 – Welcome party ends.
11:00 – Exhibition netball match.
12:00 – Tournaments begin with initial league seeding competition.
17:00 – Day one fixtures complete.
Evening – Free time to enjoy the resorts facilities.
09:30 – Day two fixtures begin with second league competition followed by knockout.
17:30 – Day two fixtures complete.
20:30 – Awards dinners. Venues release in spring 202
22:30 – Sunrise party begins.
00:00 – Headline DJ Set. Artist release in spring 2023.
04:00 – Sunrise party ends.
07:00 – Airport transfers begin
(cost held at 2019 prices)
(cost held at 2019 prices)
3 or 4 nights£420 pp
5 nights£460 pp
- Initial squad entries must be an even number.
- Additional players / supporters are allowed but only in even numbers and maybe accommodated separately (if accommodation has already been confirmed).
- A reduction of 1 player / supporter is permitted (for example, reducing the squad from 10 players to 9 players) but one initial deposit of £100 will be retained and a single person supplement is now payable (see below).
- A reduction of more than 1 player / supporter will result in a loss of the initial deposits of those players and may incur an additional charge of £250 per withdrawn player if accommodation has been confirmed. For the avoidance of doubt, should a squad reduce from 10 players to 8 players, two initial deposits of £100 (£200 total) will be retained plus two additional charges of £250 (£500 total) may be levied on the team.
- We do not require individual names of players / supporters.
- Each additional night is £40 per person.
- A single person room supplement of £40 per team per night may apply for odd numbered squads and where team members stay differing lengths.
- £100 per person deposit (min £800 to secure your team place) with the final balance not payable until 8 weeks before departure.
- Booking subject to terms and conditions.
The Ultimate Tour is a trading name of 8 Sports Management; a UK registered company (company number 0756772). As such, all bookings are subject to 8 Sports Management terms and conditions. For more information about 8 Sports Management, please click here. For information about how we process your data, please click here.